1. Chef Robert’s Fusion example menu:
- Beverages: Tea & Coffee, Juice
- Finger foods: Feta & pear with cos lettuce & walnuts, salad (GF, V), Mini polenta and almond cakes (V, VEG, GF)
- Substantial items: Butter chicken with Toasted cashew coriander and yoghurt (VEG option available)
- Sweet items: Fresh Fruit Platter (GF, DF), Coconut chia seed cups (GF, DF)
2. Chef Anton’s’ Mediterranean example menu:
- Beverages: Tea & Coffee, Juice
- Finger foods: Ricotta and zucchini tarts (V), Caramelized Leek and Smoked bacon Tartlet (V)
- Substantial items: Cheese with bacon and spinach quiche
- Sweet items: Chocolate brownie with raspberries (V), Jam tart (V)
3. Chef Sailesh’s Modern Australian example menu:
- Beverages: Tea & Coffee, Juice
- Finger foods: Tomato and rocket frittata (VEG, GF), Pumpkin with quinoa and pepita salad (GF, VEG, DF)
- Substantial items: Salami and provolone Turkish bread with eggplant and green olive tapenade,
- Sweet items: Flourless Dark Chocolate & Almond Delice GF, V), Freshly baked danishes & croissants (V)
- Secure your booking by paying in full. If using bank transfer/EFTPOS, please ensure you use the order number as a payment reference.
- CHEFIN will email you a booking confirmation and calendar invitation. This will include a form to collect your information and particular needs/requirements.
- Once you have filled in the form and sent it back to us, and your booking is sooner than in 3 weeks, we will assign a Chef based on your needs and desires.
- Your assigned Chef will design a unique menu tailored to your brief, event, dietaries and tastes.
- You can preview this menu, provide feedback, and advise of any menu & event changes along the way.
Can I choose my menu items from a pre-set selection of menus?
Your private chef will custom tailor a menu for you when your booking is confirmed. We are 100% certain you will love your menu or we will return your money-back guarantee! Our Chefs LOVE to create dishes and every menu they construct is fully exclusive for your taste buds.
Can I select a specific Private Chef for my event?
Once a booking has been secured & confirmed our sophisticated algorithm will take your preferences & match these with the available Chefs in your area. You will be presented a choice of Chefs, though during busy periods/last minute bookings you will be assigned a Chef to work with.
How does booking a Private Chef work?
Once you book online with us you’ll receive a Booking Confirmation email with your order details & the next steps. You will need to fill in your dietaries, food preferences & desires and an algorithm will then identify and match you with the best-suited Chef who will tailor a menu for you.
Do you have Chefs available to cook for my event?
As a platform with more than 700 available Chefs, we always have availability – or your money back guarantee! Our team works relentlessly to ensure we have the largest selection of Private Chefs across the country and are able to fulfil every single guest’s request.
What do I need to prepare for my event?
You need to prepare a space in your fridge (1-2 shelves), clear your kitchen bench and introduce the Chef to the kitchen & dining areas. Depending on your booking you will need to prepare crockery/glassware/cutlery & set the table if no wait staff are included in your event booking.
What time does the Chef arrive on the day?
Your private chef will arrive 1.5 hours beforehand with all ingredients, and begin preparing your dishes. Waitstaff arrive separately. The team will take care of all the food and drinks (as advised). After the event is over, the team will clean the kitchen and event area before leaving you to bask in the afterglow of a wonderful event.
The half-day delegate meeting package is the best catering option for meetings, functions, seminars, conferences, and training days. It’s also a great option for workshops, expos, classes, and lectures.
Choose the half-day meeting package when hosting a meeting or event that will fall during traditional mealtime. Instead of letting guests go hungry, a half-day meeting package ensures there’s always food around to snack on during your event.
What are the best foods to cater for a meeting?
Food & beverages are a must-have at any conference, meeting, or seminar. It shows your guests that they are valued and appreciated while also providing some sustenance to give them brain power during your event. But not all foods will farewell at a meeting! They need to be easy-to-eat, nourishing, simple, and not too overpowering in scent. Here are the best foods to serve at your meeting:
- Fresh fruit. Ideally, fresh fruit would be served alongside some more substantial snacks, but either way, fruit is essential to meeting food. Simple and nutritious, fruit provides a good dose of energy to keep people fuelled at meetings. It’s also an easy win – everybody eats fruit and when you have a good variety there’s something for everyone to snack on.
- Baked foods. Pies, quiches, tartlets… baked goods are prized meeting foods thanks to their ease of eating. They’re easy to eat with the hands during a meeting and make minimal noise while chewing – perfect! Baked foods are also popular as they can be eaten during the morning, afternoon, or evening.
- Sweet treats. Every meeting needs a good dose of sugar to keep spirits high, and sweet pastries or treats are one way to do it. Not everyone can reach for another cup of coffee! Make sure your guests have the chance to munch on something sugary and delicious to keep them alert and interested.
5 food & beverage trends for your meeting
Want to impress your clients or guests with on-trend food? Here are the top five trends in food & beverages for meetings:
- Eat local. Or hyperlocal where possible. Australian products are great, but if you can find food that has been grown or harvested in your local area then even better. The same goes for seafood and meat – if you can source these products from local farms or co-ops then do so. So many people are growing more conscious of their carbon footprint and looking for foods that have been grown in their local environment. Eating locally shows guests that you support your community, are eco-conscious, and proud of your local area.
- Drink from small breweries & wineries. Craft beers and wines are experiencing an enormous upward trend as more people stray from mainstream brands and look for small-batch experiences. They want to try new and different flavours, unique brewing methods, and alcohol that features more personality. Having local wines and beers at your event is another great way to support your local community and provides a fun experience when hosting clients from abroad.
- Different ingredients. People want food to look familiar but feel different. Especially at meetings, you want grab & go food that’s easy to eat, but that doesn’t mean it has to be boring. Spice up a tart with exotic ingredients or go for a fusion meal that’s refreshing and different.
- Eco & sustainable. In line with the upward trend in eating local is eating sustainably. People are more interested in eco-friendly foods that are friendly for the environment and ethically produced. Source fair trade ingredients where possible and avoid processed foods where you can. Always choose foods with recyclable packaging.