1. Chef Johanne’s Truffle Degustation example menu:
- Truffled artichoke and carrot salad pepitas, nasturtium (VEG, GF)
- Bar-cod fish, truffled lobster ragout, panache of baby vegetables (GF, DF)
- Black truffle ice cream, hazelnut delight (VEG, GF)
2. Chef Hemant’s Asian-fusion example menu:
- Hand dived scallops, togarashi mango, serrano, Ikura (DF, GF)
- Kilcoy grass-fed wagyu beef, king brown mushroom, black garlic, pickled okra (GF)
- Dark chocolate soil, gold leaf, summer berries, matcha powder
3. Chef Mattia’s Modern Italian example menu:
- Confit king salmon, white gazpacho, pickled grapes (GF)
- Red wine braised beef cheek, horseradish mash and figs (GF)
- Coconut pannacotta, wild berries compote, chocolate soil (GF, V)
- Secure your booking by paying in full. If using bank transfer/EFTPOS, please ensure you use the order number as a payment reference.
- CHEFIN will email you a booking confirmation and calendar invitation. This will include a form to collect your information and particular needs/requirements.
- Once you have filled in the form and sent it back to us, and your booking is sooner than in 3 weeks, we will assign a Chef based on your needs and desires.
- Your assigned Chef will design a unique menu tailored to your brief, event, dietaries and tastes.
- You can preview this menu, provide feedback, and advise of any menu & event changes along the way.
Can I choose my menu items from a pre-set selection of menus?
Your private chef will custom tailor a menu for you when your booking is confirmed. We are 100% certain you will love your menu or we will return your money-back guarantee! Our Chefs LOVE to create dishes and every menu they construct is fully exclusive for your taste buds.
Can I select a specific Private Chef for my event?
Once a booking has been secured & confirmed our sophisticated algorithm will take your preferences & match these with the available Chefs in your area. You will be presented a choice of Chefs, though during busy periods/last minute bookings you will be assigned a Chef to work with.
How does booking a Private Chef work?
Once you book online with us you’ll receive a Booking Confirmation email with your order details & the next steps. You will need to fill in your dietaries, food preferences & desires and an algorithm will then identify and match you with the best-suited Chef who will tailor a menu for you.
Do you have Chefs available to cook for my event?
As a platform with more than 700 available Chefs, we always have availability – or your money back guarantee! Our team works relentlessly to ensure we have the largest selection of Private Chefs across the country and are able to fulfil every single guest’s request.
What do I need to prepare for my event?
You need to prepare a space in your fridge (1-2 shelves), clear your kitchen bench and introduce the Chef to the kitchen & dining areas. Depending on your booking you will need to prepare crockery/glassware/cutlery & set the table if no wait staff are included in your event booking.
What time does the Chef arrive on the day?
Your private chef will arrive 1.5 hours beforehand with all ingredients, and begin preparing your dishes. Waitstaff arrive separately. The team will take care of all the food and drinks (as advised). After the event is over, the team will clean the kitchen and event area before leaving you to bask in the afterglow of a wonderful event.
What is a 3-course meal?
A 3-course meal is any meal that includes one entrée, one main course, and one dessert. Also referred to as a standard course meal, 3-course meals are considered the starting point for fine dining. You can have more courses added to a 3-course meal to turn it into a more extravagant affair with more time spent taking in great food and excellent company. In this case, more dishes will be added, such as hors-d’oeuvres, soups, salads, amuse-bouche, and palate cleansers. Have a look at our Full Course Meal by clicking here.
When should you order a 3-course meal?
Order 3-course meals for events when you want formal dining that’s still relaxed. As a traditional style of French fine dining, 3-course meals are synonymous with elegant eating that has just the right amount of sophistication to keep you comfortable. They’re a fuller meal that includes the full spectrum of flavours with an entrée, main, and dessert.
Since they’re more slow-paced than 2-course meals, 3-course meals are best when you want to enjoy your time at the dining table, taking in everyone’s company and relishing the moment. Spike your senses with delicious food, engage in great conversation and enjoy a long dinner with more space between each course.
All of the above makes 3-course meals the best choice for longer events when you want time to pass by quickly with good conversation and great wine. Consider ordering 3-course meals for special occasions such as family celebrations, weddings, elegant birthday parties, awards nights, graduations, corporate dinners, and anytime you want an extravagant meal that has you seated at the table for longer.
Why are 3-course meals special?
Every 3-course meal is carefully planned and considered by your private chef. The entrée, main, and dessert will not be designed separately but holistically, delivering a food experience that has a complete nutritional profile and takes your taste buds on an amazing journey. If you think of your meal as a story, the entrée is the beginning, the main course the middle, and the dessert the finale that wraps it all together and leaves you feeling satisfied.
The slower pace of 3-course meals also gives you more time to savour the flavours in each dish and see how your chef has woven in different ingredients, elements, and techniques. Being served one dish at a time really highlights what is on that plate and allows you to appreciate the food you are eating in a different way than when eating a buffet, for example. You truly engage your senses and taste buds and can indulge in each dish slowly and appreciatively.